Lactation Cookies Recipe by MilkinMamas
2 Tablespoons flax seed meal
4 Tablespoons water
1 cup butter, soften to room temperature
1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour (all-purpose or white whole wheat)
3-4 Tablespoons brewer’s yeast
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a small bowl, combine the flax seed meal and water. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl or stand-up mixer, beat butter and brown sugar well.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Add flax seed mixture and vanilla, beat well.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, brewer’s yeast, baking soda & salt.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mixture, mix well.
- Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
- Scoop by rounded tablespoons onto baking tray.
- Bake 12 minutes.
- Cool on baking tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Be creative and try these variations or additions:
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- flaked or shredded coconut
- dried cranberries, cherries, apricots or raisins
- white chocolate chips