Sharing this fantastic recipe for Easy Chicken Enchiladas – easy to make, tastes great, and makes a great freezer meal for post-baby! Enjoy & be sure to share your favorite freezer recipes in the comments!
EASY CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese, cut up and softened
- 3 chicken breast (fresh or thawed….frozen might make it too runny)
- 8 (8″) flour tortillas (depends on how much filling you put in each)
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (I used some Cheddar/Colby with it!)
- Spinach (optional)
- 1 pint whipping cream
Put chicken breasts, cream cheese, rotel and green chilies in slow cooker. Cook on low for 4-6 hours until chicken is tender.
Shred the chicken in the slow cooker (it should shred up pretty easily with just a fork).
Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of chicken mixture down center of each tortilla. Add some spinach if you like. Roll up tortillas and place seam side down in a lightly greased 9×13 baking dish. (This is where you’d stop and package for freezing – I’ve found a combo of saran wrap & foil works nicely. Be sure to thaw before you cook.)
Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese, and drizzle with whipping cream.
Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 min. Take off foil and cook for another 15 mins, or until top is golden brown.
Serve with your favorite taco topping: black beans, lettuce, tomato, sour cream, onion, guacamole…whatever you desire!
WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE FREEZER RECIPE?