If you’re always on the go in the mornings, you don’t need to start your day with boring meals. Try these portobello and black bean breakfast burritos. “This is the kind of breakfast where I would make a few batches of it beforehand and put it in the fridge,” says Lenkert. “Saute the onion, garlic and mushrooms, and cook the brown rice on Sunday, and then put the rest together when you’re ready to grab it and go.” You might want to cut back on the garlic and onion if you’re experiencing too much heartburn.
A Protein Rich Breakfast Recipe for Pregnancy
Serving Size: 4
4 large flour tortillas
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon of olive oil
1 cup of onion, diced
1 teaspoon of fresh garlic, minced
2 large Portobello mushrooms, diced
3 tablespoons of lemon juice
1 tablespoon of brown rice miso paste
1 tablespoon of hoisin sauce
1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
1 dash of Tabasco
1 cup of canned black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup of brown rice, cooked
4 egg whites
1/2 cup of Monterey Jack cheese, grated
1/2 cup of salsa
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wrap tortillas in foil and heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat oil in sauté plan and add onion, garlic and mushrooms. Stir occasionally until brown.
- In a bowl, whisk lemon juice, miso paste, hoisin sauce, salt and Tabasco.
- Pour mixture over sautéed vegetables.
- Use a food processor to pulse vegetable mixture until chopped.
- Return mixture to pan and add egg whites, brown rice and black beans. Cook on medium heat until
- egg whites are fully cooked.
- Place warm tortillas on a plate and evenly distribute vegetable/egg mixture, cheese and salsa.
- Wrap tortillas into burritos and enjoy!
Per serving: 642 calories, 12.52 g fat, 84.48 g carbs, 7.50 g fiber, 21.6 g protein, 255 mg calcium, 4.1 mg iron, 1,125 mg sodium, 101 mcg folate