When it comes to pregnancy cravings, sweet and salty treats are usually at the top of the list. Try this delicious, creamy, blueberry treat with a dash of saltiness to satisfy that craving next time it hits.
- 1 cup of plain yogurt
- 1 cup of half-and-half or cream
- ½ cup of frozen blueberries
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of maple syrup, to taste
- 2 tablespoons of blueberry preserves
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
Tiny pinch of salt
(With an ice cream maker)
- Puree all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Transfer to ice cream maker and churn until frozen.
- Serve soft or freeze until hard.
(Without an ice cream maker)
- Put all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Place blender in freezer for 45 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and blend again until desired texture.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe transcribed from: fitPREGNANCY
P.S. If you're wondering whether that snack is on the safe list, be sure to learn more about optimal nutrition during pregnancy.