- 4 4-ounce pork loin chops
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 apple, cored and sliced thinly
- 1 15 ounce can of garbanzo beans, drained
- ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 half of an orange (for juice)
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Rub pork chops with ½ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper.
- Line a 10 by 12-inch pan with foil and place pork chops in pan; fold up edges of foil and set aside.
- Warm oil in a nonstick skillet over high heat.
- Add apple and cook until brown, approximately 2 minutes each side.
- Add beans, cayenne pepper and remaining salt and pepper.
- Pour juice from orange over mixture and cook until beans brown, for about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer.
- Place pork chops under broiler for 5 minutes on each side.
- Top with apple slices and bean mixture and serve.
Recipe transcribed from: fitPREGNANCY