Choline, Vitamin E and folate are just a few of the essential prenatal nutrients that you will find in this tasty variation of a lunch time classic. Want to add some carbohydrates and fiber? Simply modify the recipe to include whole grain toast in lieu of lettuce leaves.
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons of nonfat Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons of light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon of curry powder
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- ¼ cup of finely chopped radishes
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped red onion
- ¼ cup of sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup of chopped fresh parsley (or dill, chives or cilantro)
- 8 large Bibb, Boston or Butter lettuce leaves
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with 1 inch of cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat. When water reaches a boil, immediately cover saucepan, remove from heat and let sit for 12 minutes.
- Remove eggs from saucepan and place in ice water for 3 minutes. When cool, rinse under cold water and peel. Chop eggs coarsely.
- Stir together Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper and curry powder in a large bowl and add chopped eggs once blended.
- Add the celery, radishes, red onion, parsley, and sunflower seeds and blend everything together.
- Divide egg mixture among lettuce leaves and roll to create wraps.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe transcribed from: fitPREGNANCY