This is a great recipe for nursing moms who need to get a substantial amount of protein each day. The asparagus salad offers a lighter complement to the hearty steak, creating the perfect nutritious meal for you and your family.
- 3 tablespoons of garlic oil
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 cups of mixed spring greens
- 1 pound of asparagus, tough ends snapped off
- 4 large eggs
- 1 pound of raw flank steak
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 4 slices of whole-grain sandwich bread, toasted and cut into small squares
- 8 teaspoons of grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the grill or broiler to medium. Whisk garlic oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper together.
- Place mixed spring greens in a large salad bowl.
- Fill a large skillet halfway with water and bring to a boil.
- Add asparagus and cook until tender but crisp (approx. 6 minutes). Remove spears with a slotted spoon and set aside to cool.
- Bring water back to a boil and poach eggs by breaking open and gently slipping them into the water. Cook over medium-low heat for 3-6 minutes occasionally spooning water over the yolks to help them cook.
- Rub flank steak on both sides with garlic, soy sauce and salt and pepper. Place on grill or broiler pan and cook on 4 minutes each side. Steak center should be rosy. Set aside when done.
- Cut cooled asparagus into 1-inch pieces and add to salad bowl along with toast squares. Toss salad mixture with half of dressing. Divide salad into four bowls and place a poached egg on each.
- Cut the steak on the diagonal into thin slices and arrange slices around the egg. Drizzle salads with steak juices and remaining dressing and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Recipe transcribed from: fitPREGNANCY