Pregnant and craving some Asian fusion for dinner? Cooking this dish at home is a great way to ensure that all the ingredients are nutritious and delicious for you and your baby-to-be! A great source of fiber, protein, potassium and vitamins A and C, this dish is sure to be a crowd-pleaser for the whole family.
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, divided
- 8 ounces of boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup of green onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 cups of cooked, brown rice
- 2 tablespoons of light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 1 cup of frozen peas, thawed
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken, bell pepper, green onion and garlic.
- Cook and stir until the chicken is cooked through, approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken and set aside. Keep warm.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat and add rice. Cook and stir to heat thoroughly.
- Stir in soy sauce, rice vinegar, peas and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Add chicken back to the skillet and stir to blend with rice. Heat thoroughly.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe transcribed from: allrecipes.com