Looking for a light, flavorful and healthy option to satisfy your pregnant appetite? Loaded with DHA, magnesium and fiber, this salmon dish is the perfect nutritious meal for the expectant mama.
- 2 tablespoons of loose-leaf green tea or 3 green tea bags
- 4 slices of fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon of whole black peppercorns
- 1 cup of kasha buckwheat
- ½ cup of fresh basil
- Juice of ½ of a lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 pound of wild salmon filet, sliced into quarters
- 1 fennel (anise) bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Lemon wedges
- Bring 5 cups of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Place green tea, ginger and peppercorns in the pan, turn off heat and let steep for 10 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, bring 6 cups of water to a boil. Add buckwheat and reduce heat to a simmer for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Mix basil, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and salt in a blender or food processor until well mixed.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove solids from tea pan. Place salmon in tea broth and bring to a slight simmer. Cook for 8 minutes or until salmon is opaque and flaky. Adjust heat as needed.
- Break up salmon with a fork once cooked and toss with fennel, buckwheat and green onion in a large bowl.
- Divide among plates and drizzle with basil dressing.
- Serve with lemon wedges and enjoy!
Recipe transcribed from: fitPREGNANCY