This pasta dish is the perfect combination of lean protein, fiber and vitamins impeccably suited for your growing bun in the oven and your taste buds. Easy to prepare and kid approved, it’s sure to be a hit for the whole family.
- ½ pound of spinach or whole wheat linguine
- ¾ pound of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can of artichoke hearts, quartered
- 2 cups of asparagus, chopped in 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup of roasted red peppers, cut in strips
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 2 teaspoons of minced parsley
- Prepare pasta according to directions on package
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add shrimp, season with salt and pepper and cook until pink for approximately 3 minutes.
- Make a well in the center of pan and add garlic. Sautee until fragrant (approximately 30 seconds).
- Add asparagus, artichoke, red pepper and lemon juice and bring to a boil.
- Turn off heat and add butter. Toss with shrimp and vegetables to make sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain pasta, setting aside 1 cup of pasta cooking water.
- Add shrimp and sauce to pasta and stir. Add pasta water and stir.
- Serve warm and garnish with parsley.
Recipe transcribed from: babycenter.com