Avocados have been called the pregnancy superfood and now you can even have them for dessert! This delectable Avocado Chocolate Mousse is rich in potassium and folate, both which are essential in pregnancy. This recipe feels like an indulgent treat but has the added bonus of being packed with pregnancy approved nutrients!
- 2 large avocados, flesh scooped out
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup of coconut milk
- ¼ cup of pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract or chocolate extract
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon of chili powder or cayenne powder (optional)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Serve immediately or place mousse in an airtight container to save for up to 2 days.
- Serve in bowls garnished with your choice of berries.
Recipe transcribed from: fit PREGNANCY