Feeling bored with your usual breakfast? Whether you’re pregnant, hoping to be pregnant or postpartum, this Red and Green Frittata is loaded with essential nutrients like protein, fiber, calcium, Vitamin C and potassium. The best part is this recipe should leave you with leftovers for lunch!
- 6 cups of bite-size broccoli florets
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ cup of milk
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of freshly ground pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into ¼ inch thick slices
- 1 cup of grated white cheddar or fontina cheese, divided
- 4 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Add broccoli and cook until tender for approximately 2 minutes. Drain well.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Stir in broccoli, red pepper, ¾ cup of cheddar cheese and 3 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch, ovenproof, nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Pour egg mixture into pan and reduce heat. Cook for 3 minutes to set the bottom on the frittata.
- Sprinkle top with remaining ¼ cup of cheddar and 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese.
- Transfer pan to oven and bake until the frittata is set and appears slightly puffed up. Approximately 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pan and then loosen edge with a spatula. Slide onto large plate and cut into wedges.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Recipe transcribed from: the BUMP