Avocado is a great first food for babies and corn adds a touch of sweetness to the taste. Try this simple recipe for making your own baby food at home and freeze the leftovers for a later meal!
- 1 cob of sweet corn
- 1 avocado
- 1 teaspoon of breastmilk, water or formula
1) Tear off corn husks and place in pot of boiling water
2) Boil until corn is soft (approximately 10 minutes)
3) Remove corn from water and cut kernels from cob once cooled
4) Cut open avocado, remove seed and scoop insides out
5) Place avocado, corn kernels and teaspoon of breastmilk, water or formula in a blender and blend until creamy and there are no kernels remaining.
- This recipe should only be used for babies six months of age and older.
- If your child has a history of eczema, asthma or food allergies, check with your pediatrician before serving.
- This baby food can be frozen for up to four weeks.
Recipe transcribed from: KidsSpot - Kitchen