As a new breastfeeding mom, you may be eager to find ways to increase and maintain your milk supply. What better way to do so than by enjoying a warm batch of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies fortified with ingredients to give your supply a boost!
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons of water
- 2 tablespoons of flax seed meal
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3 cups of oats
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 2-4 tablespoons of brewers’ yeast
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix water and flaxseed meal and let sit for 3-5 minutes.
- Beat butter with brown and white sugar.
- Add eggs and mix.
- Add flaxseed mixture and vanilla and beat.
- Sift flour, baking soda, brewers’ yeast, and salt and add to butter mix.
- Stir in chocolate chips and oats.
- Scoop even portions onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Let cool and remove from baking sheet.
- Recipe should yield 4.5 dozen cookies. Don’t enjoy them all at once!