Coming up with meal ideas for a sensitive first trimester stomach can be challenging. However, it’s still important that you get all your vital nutrients for your own health and the health of your growing baby.
Lean proteins like pork are a great source of iron and this particular recipe contains tummy calming ingredients like ginger and mint that will help soothe your nausea. Try pairing with a vitamin rich veggie for a meal the whole family can enjoy.
- 2 pork fillets
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 3 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons of grated ginger
- 1 cup of couscous
- ½ cup of raisins
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- Small bunch of mint, chopped
- 1 cup of nonfat plain yogurt
- Heat oven to 375 degrees
- Brown pork in a non-stick frying pan over high heat for 4-5 minutes, turning twice.
- Mix oil, 2 teaspoons of cumin, cinnamon, and 2 teaspoons of ginger and rub over pork.
- Transfer to roasting tin and roast for 30-35 minutes or until juices run clear when the thickest part is pierced with a skewer.
- Mix couscous with the remaining cumin, raisins, lemon zest and juice, then season and pour over 1.5 cups of boiling water. Stir well and cover for 5 minutes, then stir in the mint.
- Stir the remaining ginger and a little seasoning into the yogurt. Thickly slice the pork and serve with the couscous and ginger yogurt
Recipe transcribed from: good food