Not only is pea soup packed with fiber and protein, it's chalk full of essential vitamins B, A and K making it one of the healthiest prenatal meals you can eat! Try this simple recipe for a healthy meal that can be shared with the whole family.
- 1 pound of fresh or frozen peas
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- Dash of sunflower oil or a knob of butter
- 2 cups of lamb stock (fresh or from a cube)
- 1 cup of milk
- ½ cup of plain yogurt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sprig of fresh mint
- Mint leaves to garnish
- In a pot, warm the finely chopped onion until translucent in sunflower oil or butter.
- Add peas and lamb stock. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add a sprig of mint and use a handheld blender to blend soup.
- Stir in yogurt and milk.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and garnish with mint leaves.
- Serve with fresh bread and enjoy!