You probably didn’t think it was possible that someone would recommend nachos as a healthy food while you are pregnant. It sounds just about as likely as your midwife recommending you visit the McDonald’s drive-thru. But, believe it or not, these nachos are actually healthy. Loaded with fiber, calcium, protein and folate, here’s how to feel like you’re cheating without actually cheating.
- 1 ounce of corn chips
- 1/3 cup of kidney beans
- 2 tablespoons of chopped olives
- 1/4 cup of shredded reduced-fat cheese
- 1/2 cup of shredded lettuce of your choice
- 3/4 cup of chopped tomatoes
- 1/3 cup of fresh salsa
- 1/2 cup of non-fat Greek yogurt
- Layer corn chips with kidney beans, olives and shredded cheese on a baking sheet.
- Bake in oven or toaster oven for approximately 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, salsa and Greek yogurt.
Recipe transcribed from: Parents.com