Nothing says pregnancy nutrient quite like folate! And to meet your minimum daily need of 500-micrograms, folate rich vegetables and beans become an easy answer. Try this highly nutritious tofu and spinach recipe for not only folate but protein also.
- 2 teaspoons of cornstarch
- ½ cup of low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon of sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 pound of firm tofu, patted dry and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 inch of fresh ginger, sliced into coins
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 bunch of spinach, chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk corn starch with 1 tablespoon of chicken stock and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine with remaining stock, soy sauce, sesame oil and sugar.
- Heat a large skillet or wok over high heat and add vegetable oil.
- Add shallot and tofu and stir-fry until the shallot is translucent. Add ginger and garlic and stir-fry for an additional minute.
- Add spinach and toss until wilted then add soy sauce mixture. Cover and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Stir cornstarch mixture well and scrape into stir-fry. Simmer and stir until sauce thickens, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Add soy sauce to taste and serve over brown rice.
Recipe transcribed from: fitPREGNANCY